Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The New Header

Thanks to my brother, Daniel, who is an accomplished graphics designer, painter, and teacher, there is a new header for all my Wordpress website, as well as all my social sites--lj, myspace, blogger, and soon, newsvine. When I write, I use photos of settings and objects to help visualize details. I collect these photos into a binder and annotate them. Daniel used a few of these to created header, so it's sort of a visual map of Soul Enchilada. The car above is the '58 Cadillac Biarritz that gets repossessed. The skulls are calaveras (sugar skulls), the candlelight pic is of an ofrendas, and the flowers at the base of the Franklin Mountains, which play a huge role in the story. Thanks for the graphic, Daniel. If you'd like to see more of his work, please visit his website at http://fisheyegraphics.net

 

No comments: